Friday, March 23, 2012

There once was a bunny


Remember how I said I'm not so good at finding the right words in emotional times? 


My friend has had a rough week - okay - year.

She recently lost a childhood friend to cancer.  It was unexpected and heartbreaking.
I didn't necessarily know what to say.



I do, however, know what makes her smile....bunnies.  Easter is her favorite holiday and little bunnies just seem to cheer her up.


So, I made one.  I found a pattern at www.bysmallmeans.com and got to work.  To be honest, I'm not much for sewing up and I refuse to make clothing for toys or dolls.  Still, I had a good time knitting and stitching goodwill into this little critter.

He's far from perfect (as is life) but he's soft and all ears -- a perfect friend.


There he is hanging out in the most beautiful tree in the neighborhood!

No comments:

Post a Comment