Saturday, December 3, 2011

The Fingerprint Translation Mitts

Don't worry dears, I've been knitting, even if I haven't been writing about it.  You see, I spent most of my free time this week trying to create my own design for fingerless mitts.

some were too small. 

some were too big.

some were way too long (should have just closed 'em off and called them mittens)
too tall




and some were just argghhh!
could not figure out how to knit in round and create thumb space


I stopped by my LYS on Thursday night and chatted with all the helpful folks there.  Micah showed me the mittens he was making based on the general guide in Ann Budd's "The Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns." 

The next day I downloaded the pdf version from Interweave and had a look see.  I grabbed some yarn and went to town.  Today, there is a finished mitt that I'm pretty proud of.  I'm calling them "Fingerprint Translation Mitts". 
Debut of "Fingerprint Translation Mitts"


I went on this mitt frenzy because I offered everyone who ordered a Slice of Insight from my Thanksgiving sale (you know, over at my 'real' job) a free pair of mitts with their order. 

Then I got bored with the pattern I was using.
I got bored


I'll fine tune the pattern with the rest of the mitts for my delightful clients and then print it up for you all.  What do you think of that?

No comments:

Post a Comment