Friday, December 9, 2011

My Brain must be Oversized

Last night I finished the first mitten for my BFF. (Don't worry, she doesn't read blogs, so I'm pretty sure I'm in the clear here). [And when I say finished, I mean ABT and, you know, finishing]

Isn't the yarn yummy?


 I made another pair, intended for her (the blue ones in this Mittens post).  They just aren't good enough I'm afraid.  She's a forgiving and kind friend, she can't believe that I can actually make stuff with needles and yarn, so she'd dig them.  However, I'm turning into a bit of a critic.  Of my own work.  (I have nothing but praise for anything anyone else makes - really - this is my double-standard)

I cast on with the rainbow-y colored Manos last night and REALLY LOVE the way they look. (Um, I somehow lost the tag so I can't tell you what color these are exactly.  I'm sorry about that)


I've been wearing the blue mittens too - they are WARM and cuddly.  The yarn is soft and warm.  It does sort of get fluffy -- probably because I'm constantly hanging on to a leash with each hand when I wear them.  Still.  I love them.

She will love hers too.  (Hopefully they will be up to snuff.)

*************

Oh yeah.

My brain. 

It must be oversized because every hat I make is too small for me.  But it seems to fit my model.  Sure, she's a teenager and overall I'd be happy to find a way to get back into the jeans I wore when I was senior in High School -- but I didn't know my head expanded with my waistline.  Maybe though - it's just that my brain is so big.  And getting bigger.  I have a vision of 10 years from now I'll look like one of those aliens in the movies from the 70s.

No comments:

Post a Comment