Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Off the Needles and Into the World

Knitting is my reward.  I'm doing my best to remain focused during the day on tasks and to-dos so that I can keep my business running.

That sounds a bit dire.  My business is fine.  It's running.  My clients are funny and smart and frankly changing the world when they step into their own power.  It's pretty amazing and the most miraculous work.

My business is ever evolving.  My attachment to specific tools and modalities is waning as new things show up.

Knitting keeps me calm through these evolutions.  Re-inventing your business as part of your business model isn't easy and it's certainly not for sissies.  (But neither is changing the world).

Here's what I've got on the needles today (started on Sunday, hope to finish by Sunday the 11th):

It's the Ionic Column Scarf by Patricia Kalthoff – Holiday 2009 Interweave Knits gifts.  

I love this Miss Babs yarn, "Violets in the Grass".  My favorite part is the deep purple pieces.  yum.  This is for my cousin - the one I "pulled" in the family holiday grab-bag.  I've met her only once so it was sort of hard to select color and design.  But she's a dancer and an artsy gal and they live in Vermont.  And her husband - my 'little' cousin Chris is a pretty wise soul - crunch granola, artsy and very smart.  I suspect she'll appreciate this.

I'm not crazy about the decreases in this pattern and how thin it is in the middle.  When I make it again I think I'll alter the decreases and keep it wider in the center.

Another Gift Completed >phew!<

Last night I made a Girly Gaiter for my sister's Christmas pile.


I used the Red Heart Eco Ways in Bark that I had left over from my B-I-L's Gaiter and pulled out some Lion Brand Fun Fur that has been in my stash for a few years.  (I really can't fathom why I bought so much of that stuff -- just goes to show you how your tastes change).

I used the Snowy Day Neck Gaiter pattern that I used for 'His' and simply combined the two yarns for 'Hers'.  On Hers I dropped the fun fur for 2 rows after the initial garter bumps and then picked it up for two, and so on, ending with the combined yarn.  I think it's fun and cozy and girly...perfect for my little sister.

And better yet -- took only an hour or so from cast on to bind off. And any messed up stitches are hidden by the fur.  (Maybe that's why I'd bought so much!)

No comments:

Post a Comment