Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The lull

Never fear  my pretties.  I'm still here.

I survived the Christmas knitting and crocheting season - my first one where I went full throttle.

I think crafters deserve their own superbowl - don't you?  We should have some sort of event where we all show up in a stadium and have people cheering us on as we finish the countdown to presents under the tree, methinks.

What got done:

  • Hat and fingerless mitts for my cousin
  • Gaiters for my brother, brother-in-law and sister
  • dishcloths for each of my gal pals in the C600
  • Mittens and hat for my BFF
  • Scarf for my honey (okay, that technically got finished last night but it's still before the new year)
  • Fingerless mitts for Ms. Nat
  • Hat for The Lacrosse Dude
  • Hat for College Girl smarty pants
  • The massive shawl project for my mom
  • 3 pair of fingerless mitts for three lucky clients
  • 1 pair of mittens and one chevron scarf for my sister-in-law
(go ahead -- applaud - I started in October.  Oh.  And I only retaught myself to knit this past year.  yes. I'm bragging.  I'm unselfconscious that way).

Oh, and while my sister was here she spotted (and liked) the sample version I'd done of the Hurricane Hat pattern in mint green - so I gave it to her.

All gifts were received with glee and exclamations about my prowess as a knitter.  Delightful.

(I'm presuming the gifts that were mailed were received with glee -- why wouldn't they be?)

What's still on the horizon?

A Notre Dame Themed scarf for Dad
Fingerless mitts for Sbelle *
a slouchy, comfy hat for TJane *
Warm cozy footies for Butter *

And yes! I'm dying to start making myself something yummy too.

Oh. and the designs I have in my head for a January grand opening....


Never, never dull here sweetpea.

What about you?  What's lingering and what's next on the needles?

* These are the c600 gals - I let them each pick a body part and a color for me to create them something one-of-a-kind!  (and of course, it bought me more time!)

No comments:

Post a Comment