Sunday, December 18, 2011

One week to go

So my excuse?

Despite having knit, off and on, for the last several years, this is the first full year that I would consider myself a "knitter"  (i.e., a person who spends all her discretionary income - limited though it is - buying yarn, needles and other related goodies).

That's why I seemed to think it was a good idea to make most of the Christmas gifts this year.  In October.  Hell - October was 2 months ago.  What the heck have I been doing with my time since then?

Oh, sure, I've been working - you know coaching, talking to animals and ghostwriting.  And every once in a while I've been socializing (knitting though has really helped me indulge my introverted side) and even volunteering.

Still.  I woke up yesterday and whispered, "I need another week." Michael rolled over and smiled, saying, "you HAVE another week."  I pouted.  Saying I needed one week after that week.

So, do you remember that scarf (the ionic) that I was going to make for my cousin? (you can see it in it's infancy - so full of promise - here).

Frogged it.

Just wasn't what I wanted her to be is all.

Still.  I was enamored with that yarn.

I decided to make another Hurricane Hat using it.

Sadly, the yarn looks like an awful camouflage in that pattern.  But it's too late to turn back now.  This may be the hat I'm wearing all season.

Here's what it looks like so far -- you don't need to spare my feelings, I know it's "original" at best....



I have finished a couple of other project these past few days -- thus the not writing here...sorry

A larger version of the Thistle Cap


Here's what the first version of the Thistle Cap looked like.  I did 4 repeats of the cable pattern, should have done one original and then repeated 4 times for a total of 5.  Thus - small.  (my head isn't as big as I thought)

And I finished the pair of mittens for my BFF.



I'm aware that from that lame-o photo you cannot tell it's a mitten.  But trust me, it is.

That's about it.

Oh.  And lately I've been learning alot about counting.  (not just days in the calendar either).

Have a super week and we'll talk soon (ish).

No comments:

Post a Comment